WitandSin

Wit and Sin

Down for the Count (Dare Me Series, #1)
Christine Bell

Review: The Inheritance by Olivia Mayfield

The Inheritance - Olivia Mayfield

Everyone has a secret to be uncovered in The Inheritance. Olivia Mayfield’s debut novel is a well-crafted mystery that will have you reading late into the night.

Maggie is the heart and soul of The Inheritance. She’s a smart, focused woman who’s done her best to put her life back together after the disappearance of her younger sister nearly tore apart her family. Her grandfather’s will drags Maggie right back into the chaos as she’s forced to confront broken friendships, shattered family members, and an old love who still has the power to make her emotions go haywire. Maggie putting the pieces of her old life back together is every bit as important to the story as her unraveling the mystery of what happened to Cassandra. Ms. Mayfield does a fantastic job of weaving Maggie’s developing relationships (both romantic and platonic) in with the overarching mystery of the story. I loved watching Maggie peel back the layers of everyone’s character even as she started to gather evidence of what truly happened to her sister. And speaking of Cassandra’s disappearance, Ms. Mayfield doesn’t make the quest for answers easy on Maggie. Twists and turns await readers, some of which will be met with glee, others with a heavy heart. It’s difficult to talk about a story like this without ruining the mystery, so I’ll leave it at that. A dash of romance in the form of an old flame ups the stakes for Maggie and rounds out the story beautifully.

The Inheritance is interesting, energetic, and wholly entertaining. This story will hook you from the very first page and not let you go until, like Maggie, you have all the answers. I thoroughly enjoyed The Inheritanceand I look forward to reading more of Ms. Mayfield’s work!

Note:The Inheritance was previously published as a six part serial.

FTC Disclosure: I received this book for free from the publisher in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

Source: http://witandsin.blogspot.com/2014/07/review-inheritance-by-olivia-mayfield.html