WitandSin

Wit and Sin

Down for the Count (Dare Me Series, #1)
Christine Bell

Review: Then Came You by Jill Shalvis

Then Came You - Jill Shalvis

Then Came You is classic Jill Shalvis through and through, meaning it’s laugh-out-loud hilarious, wickedly hot, and wildly entertaining from beginning to end. This book should come with a warning, but as it doesn’t I’ll provide one: Do not start reading Then Came You late at night. Should you do so, you’ll be reading until you can no longer keep your eyes open…and then you’ll dive right back in as soon as you wake up. Yes, it’s that addictive.

Just when I think I can’t love her heroes and heroines more, Ms. Shalvis captures my heart with a too-sexy-for-words veterinarian and a bright and funny veterinary intern with a plan that’s about to be derailed. Both Wyatt and Emily charmed the hell out of me with their caring hearts and pure, unadulterated love for animals. The chemistry between them is fantastic, their banter will make you smile, and the steam factor will have you cranking up the A/C this summer. Without a doubt, Wyatt and Emily are perfect for each other, but Ms. Shalvis doesn’t make the road to happily ever after a smooth one for these two. Each of them has been marked by their pasts, and because of this they now have set life plans that threaten to take them in two different directions despite their mutual attraction. How things work out for them is something I won’t reveal, but I will say that the ending is worth every bump in the road.

Then Came You is the fifth book in the Animal Magnetism series, but it can easily be read as a standalone. Whether you’ve been with this series from the beginning or are just jumping in, you’re sure to fall in love with the Animal Magnetism world. Ms. Shalvis creates the best small towns, and I’d move to Sunshine, Idaho in a hot second if it were real.

To quote Emily, “Hot guys and animals…a damn fine combination.” Then Came You has both in spades, and when you add in Ms. Shalvis’s sparkling dialogue and signature loveable characters, it’s easy to see why I highly recommend this book. There’s something to win the heart of every romance fan in Then Came You, so don’t miss it!

FTC Disclosure: I received this book for free from the publisher in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

Source: http://witandsin.blogspot.com/2014/06/review-then-came-you-by-jill-shalvis.html