WitandSin

Wit and Sin

Archangel's Viper
Nalini Singh
Progress: 12 %
Down for the Count (Dare Me Series, #1)
Christine Bell

Review: Don't Blackmail the Vampire by Tiffany Allee

Don't Blackmail the Vampire (Entangled Covet) - Tiffany Allee

Don’t Blackmail the Vampire is sexy good fun. I adored Tiffany Allee’s first Sons of Kane book, Don’t Bite the Bridesmaid, and I’m thrilled that the second story in the series lives up to the promise of the first.

Rachel is a woman on a mission. Her sister is engaged to the worst sort of man and refuses to see it. Trying to blackmail a vampire into helping her probably isn’t the wisest idea, but Rachel’s love for her sister makes her take risks, which I could appreciate. It’s impossible not to like Rachel, for she’s caring, loyal, and has a vulnerable side that makes her wary of trusting her heart to anyone. Luckily, Charles isn’t just any man. He’s a sexy-as-sin vampire with an easy charm and a deep-seated need to protect his family. He’s amused by Rachel’s blackmail attempt, but goes along with it in order to help her out while protecting his “sister,” Alice. As a couple, Rachel and Charles have the kind of sizzling chemistry that makes Don’t Blackmail the Vampire an engaging read.

As I previously mentioned, Don’t Blackmail the Vampire is the second Sons of Kane book. While it can be read as a standalone, this story is a true sequel to Don’t Bite the Bridesmaid. Rachel’s no-good-not-quite-brother-in-law is Alice’s ex and her sister is the woman Brent cheated on Alice with. Brent is the reason Charles meets Rachel, as someone seems to be threatening Alice and Brent is the chief suspect Charles is looking into. The good news for fans of Don’t Bite the Bridesmaid is that Noah and Alice appear and we get a very satisfying look into their lives now that they’ve gotten their happily ever after.

Don’t Blackmail the Vampire is funny, charming, and wholly entertaining. I adored Charles and Rachel and I can’t wait to read more Sons of Kane stories!

FTC Disclosure: I received this book for free from the publisher in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

Source: http://witandsin.blogspot.com/2014/05/review-dont-blackmail-vampire-by.html