WitandSin

Wit and Sin

Down for the Count (Dare Me Series, #1)
Christine Bell

Review: Seduction on the Sand by Roxanne St. Claire

Seduction on the Sand - Roxanne St. Claire

A charming billionaire, a hardworking goatherd, and some seriously adorable animals are only a few of the reasons I fell in love with Seduction on the Sand. Roxanne St. Claire’s second Billionaires of Barefoot Bay story is a fast-paced, engaging romance that’ll simply leave you smiling and wanting the final book in the trilogy.

Elliott has lead a pretty charmed life and has always taken the easy way. He’s in over his head when he meets Frankie. She’s the first person who doesn’t fall at his feet, swayed by his charm. Money and looks mean nothing to her (though Elliott’s looks don’t exactly hurt…) when compared to the weight of keeping a promise and making her Nonno’s dream come true. Though I generally hate secret-keeping, especially when it’s for less-than-honorable reasons, I was far more easily seduced by Elliott than Frankie was. At heart, he’s a good man and it’s easy to forgive his sins. Whether Frankie’s take on this falls in with my line of thinking or not is something I’ll leave readers to discover on their own, but I will say that she’s equally impossible to resist. She’s got a strong worth ethic and a battered heart that both called to me and I wanted to see her find some brightness in life. As a couple, she and Elliott fit like lock and key, though it surprises them both. Their slightly bumpy slide into love kept me turning the pages ofSeduction on the Sand – I did not want to set the book down. Add in a couple of incredibly adorable goats who threaten to steal the show at times and what’s not to love about this book?

Seduction on the Sand is the second story in the Billionaires of Barefoot Bay series and though it can be read as a standalone, Elliott’s fellow billionaires, Zeke and Nate, do play supporting roles (much to my delight). There’s also a few cameos made by characters from the original Barefoot Bay quartet, and it was lovely to catch up with well-loved characters. Barefoot Bay is as irresistible to me as it is to its residents, and I can’t wait to revisit its sandy shores in Naughty Nate’s story, Scandal on the Sand.

FTC Disclosure: I received this book for free from the author in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

Source: http://witandsin.blogspot.com/2014/04/review-seduction-on-sand-by-roxanne-st.html