WitandSin

Wit and Sin

Down for the Count (Dare Me Series, #1)
Christine Bell

Review: Secrets of Seduction by Nicole Jordan

Secrets of Seduction - Nicole Jordan

Beauty and the Beast lands in Regency England in the latest Wilde family adventure. Secrets of Seduction is a sensual, fast-paced story that blends author Nicole Jordan’s Legendary Lovers and Paradise series. Liking both series as much as I do, I had high hopes for Skye and Hawk’s story. Yet while I did enjoy Secrets of Seduction, the story was missing Ms. Jordan’s usual spark.

Skye Wilde has always been the least brazen member of her family, but inSecrets of Seduction she sets out to seduce the man she’s had a crush on since she was thirteen. Hawk is a widower, scarred inside and out thanks to the fire that claimed the life of his wife and child. After years of being an agent for the Guardians of the Sword, he has returned to England in order to marry the niece of the Guardians’ leader so that he may become the head of the league. What he doesn’t count on is Skye bursting into his home in the middle of a storm and turning his life upside down. Sparks fly between Skye and Hawk almost immediately, but he’s determined to do his duty and pushes her away, even though he desires her. Skye is equally determined to make him fall in love with her, and urges Hawk to help her find her uncle’s lost true love as a way for them to spend time together (while helping her uncle, of course). Ms. Jordan’s signature heat is well at play in this story, and on one level, Skye and Hawk work. Their explosive desire for one another and developing romance kept me engaged in Secrets of Seduction. Still, I couldn’t help but feel a bit disappointed in the story. I never connected with either Skye or Hawk and the Skye Wilde of this story isn’t the same Skye Wilde I had adored in the first two Legendary Lovers books. She was a bit selfish and even slightly calculating, and neither of those traits appealed to me. There could be an argument that her actions and planning were for the greater good, but ultimately Skye simply wasn’t my favorite kind of heroine.

Secrets of Seduction is the third book in the Legendary Lovers series and the fifth book in her Paradise series, but it can easily be read as a standalone. That being said, I loved getting closure on the Paradise series, and my favorite moments of the book were when Skye’s family members showed up. I truly adore the Legendary Lovers series – Princess Charming and Lover Be Mine charmed the heck out of me – so even though I was a bit let down by Secrets of Seduction, I’m still incredibly eager to read the next Legendary Lovers book!

FTC Disclosure: I received this book for free from the publisher in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

Source: http://www.witandsin.blogspot.com/2014/04/review-secrets-of-seduction-by-nicole.html