WitandSin

Wit and Sin

Down for the Count (Dare Me Series, #1)
Christine Bell

Review: It Happened One Wedding by Julie James

It Happened One Wedding - Julie James

It Happened One Wedding is both smart and sexy – my favorite kind of romance. Author Julie James has blended snark with substance and heat with heart to create a wonderfully entertaining story you won’t want to put down.

Sidney’s an intelligent, successful director at a private equity firm who’s thirty-three and determined to find the right man, one she can trust with her heart, a guy she can settle down and have a family with. FBI Special Agent Vaughn Roberts is not that kind of man. He may have charm and good looks on his side, but he’s a playboy at heart with no desire to get involved in a serious relationship. Though their initial “meet-cute” ends with Sidney writing him off, she can’t exactly do that once she learns that his brother is marrying her sister. Thrown together thanks to family, the sexual tension between Vaughn and Sidney slowly builds until it explodes in the most wickedly entertaining of ways. There’s a lot of push-pull in their developing relationship, and once in a while I wanted to shake Sidney and Vaughn to force them to be honest with themselves and each other about what they feel, but each had their reasons for being gun-shy about opening up.

It Happened One Wedding is incredibly well-written and I really appreciated the level of detail Ms. James included when it came to Sidney and Vaughn’s jobs. It’s clear Ms. James did her research and her doing so adds depth to the story that should not go unmentioned. In fact (charming romance aside), this is what sets It Happened One Wedding apart for me and is why I’m definitely going to be buying the rest of the FBI/US Attorney backlist. And speaking of said series, It Happened One Wedding is the first of Ms. James’s FBI/US Attorney stories that I’ve read and thus I can safely say it can be read as a standalone. But fans of the series shouldn’t worry – some of her past heroes and heroines do play a part in Vaughn and Sidney’s book. Whether you’re a fan of Julie James or simply enjoy a good contemporary romance, don’t miss It Happened One Wedding!

FTC Disclosure: I received this book for free from the publisher in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

Source: http://witandsin.blogspot.com/2014/04/review-it-happened-one-wedding-by-julie.html