WitandSin

Wit and Sin

Down for the Count (Dare Me Series, #1)
Christine Bell

Review: Double Take by Leslie Kelly

Double Take - Leslie Kelly

Double Take is a fast-paced, sexy read with two protagonists who meet when their lives are at a crossroads. Mike’s a cop who tired of constantly putting his life on the line while working for the Chicago P.D. He’s seeing if life in the slow lane as a small town chief of police is for him, and his plans don’t involve being fiercely attracted to Wild Boar Island’s newest substitute teacher. While Mike’s a hot, protective hero who’s easy to like, it’s the subject of his desire who really makes Double Take memorable. Lindsey Smith is a sex therapist who needs to lie low after the media turns her serious research into a meme-worthy joke. I not only adored Lindsey, my heart broke for her. She’s a hardworking, intelligent woman who doesn’t deserve the ridicule heaped on her.

Unfortunately, Wild Boar Island may not be the best place for Lindsey to get a fresh start. Though I’m sure there are plenty of lovely residents in the small town, the ones highlighted in the story made me cringe and overall made the tale slightly less enjoyable. But when the story isn’t focused on Lindsey and Mike avoiding slimy men or self-righteous harridans, it sparkles with humor and steams with sexual tension. Both in bed and out, Mike and Lindsey make a great couple and it was a joy to watch them overcome their internal barriers (most of them Lindsey’s) to get the happily ever after they deserve.

Double Take is erotic, emotional, and ultimately enjoyable. Fans of author Leslie Kelly’s Santori family will be delighted by the cameos some of her past heroes and heroines make. As for me, Double Takeis my first Santori tale and I’m intrigued enough by these sexy Italians to take a peek into Ms. Kelly’s Santori backlist.

FTC Disclosure: I received this book for free from the publisher in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

Source: http://witandsin.blogspot.com/2014/04/review-double-take-by-leslie-kelly.html