WitandSin

Wit and Sin

Review: Unleashing Mr. Darcy by Teri Wilson

Unleashing Mr. Darcy - Teri Wilson

Unleashing Mr. Darcy is pure, unadulterated fun. Teri Wilson’s retelling of Pride and Prejudiceboth honors the source material and puts a fresh spin on the classic tale. I’m wary of Austen-inspired stories, but Ms. Wilson has made a fan out of me.

Elizabeth Scott is an intelligent, modern woman whose experience with the rich and entitled has left her wary and slightly prejudiced against the wealthy. When she meets proud Englishman Donovan Darcy at a dog show, sparks fly even though they don’t quite like one another. What follows is a charming loves story flavored with Jane Austen and home to a host of adorable dogs. In fact, between the Cavalier King Charles spaniels and the Border terriers in the story, adorable dogs threaten to steal the show from the humans. That being said, Elizabeth is an endearing heroine and Donovan flat-out made me melt. Unlike the original, readers get to peel back the layers of Darcy’s character before Elizabeth does, and meet the thoughtful, irresistible man beneath. As a couple, Elizabeth and Donovan had great chemistry and the banter between them kept Unleashing Mr. Darcy moving at a quick clip. Add in a sweet secondary romance between Donovan’s best friend, Henry, and Elizabeth’s sister, Jenna, and it’s no wonder Unleashing Mr. Darcy left me smiling.

Unleashing Mr. Darcy is bright, fun, and utterly addictive. Pride and Prejudice fans should be charmed by this contemporary retelling, and I recommend Ms. Wilson’s book to Austenites, romance fans, and, of course, dog lovers.

Note: I received this book for free from the publisher in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

Source: http://witandsin.blogspot.com/2014/04/review-unleashing-mr-darcy-by-teri.html