WitandSin

Wit and Sin

Down for the Count (Dare Me Series, #1)
Christine Bell

Review: Passionately Yours by Cara Elliott

Passionately Yours  - Cara Elliott

Cara Elliott saves the best for last with Passionately Yours ! The youngest Sloane sister’s book is bright, fun, romantic, and dramatic – everything you’d expect for a hellion poet heroine.

Sparks first flew between Caro Sloane and Scottish noble Alec McClellan in the previous Hellions of High Street book, Sinfully Yours. I had high expectations for Caro and Alec coming into Passionately Yours , and fortunately these two met every one of them. Caro is a bright, intelligent, passionate young woman who finds herself a bit at loose ends now that her sisters have gotten married and are off traveling with their husbands. Luckily for Caro, her new friend Isobel happens to be the sister of the man Caro loves to loathe. Alec is a serious, gruff, politically-minded man who seems to be Caro’s opposite. “Seems” is the operative word, for the two have a lot more in common than either could have imagined. I loved watching the back and forth between Alec and Caro as they reluctantly fall in love with one another. It’s not an easy fall, for Alec’s first marriage has left him wary of trusting another woman, but Ms. Elliott gives these two a satisfying happily ever after.

Passionately Yours follows a bit of a predictable path – there’s the requisite kidnapping, a vaguely Wickham-type villain, and a love-shy hero – but Ms. Elliott makes the comfortably familiar journey an entertaining one. Strains of Northanger Abbey filter through the book as well, which added to my enjoyment of the story. Add in a dash of political intrigue, threats to Caro and Isobel’s lives, and an utterly charming secondary romance for Isobel, and there’s truly nothing not to like aboutPassionately Yours .

Passionately Yours is a fast-paced, engaging read that’s sure to leave you with a smile on your face. I highly recommend Caro and Alec’s story to anyone who’d enjoy a delightful historical romance.

Note:I received this book for free from the publisher in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

Source: http://witandsin.blogspot.com/2014/02/review-passionately-yours-by-cara.html