WitandSin

Wit and Sin

Down for the Count (Dare Me Series, #1)
Christine Bell

Review: Once in a Lifetime by Jill Shalvis

Once in a Lifetime  - Jill Shalvis

Jill Shalvis has done it again! Once in a Lifetime is an utterly captivating story of love and redemption that will have you tearing up on one page and smiling the next.

Picking a favorite Jill Shalvis heroine is nearly impossible, but Aubrey’s definitely at the top of my list. She’s not universally beloved by the Lucky Harbor residents, women don’t generally tend to jump at the chance to be friends with her, and her reputation is less than sterling. In other words, she’s far from perfect. Aubrey’s got a giving heart that few are willing to see and she’s constantly working toward being a better person, which I absolutely loved about her. She broke my heart more than once over the course of the book, and was a very large part of why I didn’t want to put Once in a Lifetime down.

The other reason I was so in love with Once in a Lifetime? Ben. He’s a sexy, brooding alpha who’s a soft touch with children and animals – how could you not love him? Ben’s also a widower who isn’t looking for love and definitely doesn’t ever see himself falling for someone like Aubrey. Aubrey’s the opposite of his late wife, yet she fits Ben perfectly. The two of them set the pages of Once in a Lifetime a blazin’, and that’s before they ever hit the sheets. When they do…watch out! Ms. Shalvis knows how to bring the heat.

If you haven’t read the Lucky Harbor series, then you’re missing out and should rectify the situation immediately. Once in a Lifetime is a great introduction to the town and it’s wonderfully quirky residents, even though it’s the ninth book in the series and the third story in this particular trilogy subset. Ben and Aubrey’s closest friends (and the protagonists of It Had to Be You and Always On My Mind) play strong supporting roles and bring much of the humor to Once in a Lifetime.

Jill Shalvis is one of my autobuy authors for a reason. Every story she writes has humor, heart, and heat, and Once in a Lifetime is no exception. Just when I think Ms. Shalvis can’t get any better, she delivers as story like Ben and Aubrey’s and I fall in love with her writing all over again. Don’t miss Once in a Lifetime!

Source: http://witandsin.blogspot.com/2014/02/review-once-in-lifetime-by-jill-shalvis.html