WitandSin

Wit and Sin

Down for the Count (Dare Me Series, #1)
Christine Bell

Review: Melting the Ice by Jaci Burton

Melting the Ice - Jaci Burton

Jaci Burton heats things up in the aptly-titled Melting the Ice. I adored the sexy seventh installment of Ms. Burton’s Play-by-Play series, and I can’t wait to glom up the rest of these hot-as-hell sports romances.

I’ll admit up front that I’m a sucker for a hockey player. But even if Drew didn’t have that going for him he’d still be a great hero. He’s charming, seductive, and doesn’t let Carolina drown in her work to the point that she never has any fun. Though he hurt Carolina back in college, he’s not the selfish player he once was and he more than makes up for the past. I loved how he pursued Carolina, not even realizing he was falling in love with her until it was almost too late. Drew’s dedicated to his loved ones, his team, and his work ethic is superb. He’s Carolina’s match in every respect. She’s a fashion designer who’s worked her butt off to get where she is and nothing will stop her from making a success of her line. Though Drew and Carolina’s mutual attraction threatens to derail their concentration (they think), they truly bring out the best in one another personally and professionally. It’s easy to fall for them, and that’s why Melting the Ice is so compelling.

I haven’t yet read the previous six books in the Play-by-Play series, so I can safely say that Melting the Ice can be read as a standalone. That being said, I’m more eager than ever to read The Perfect PlayChanging the GameTaking a ShotPlaying to WinThrown by a CurveOne Sweet Ride, the novella Holiday Games, and the upcoming Straddling the Line. I already have the first three books in the series, but I know for sure I’ll be rushing to buy Gray Preston’s book, One Sweet Ride, as he and Evelyn were wonderful supporting characters in Melting the Ice.

Melting the Ice is a fast-paced, sizzling read that’s easy to be swept away by. Ms. Burton, please keep those sinfully sexy athletes coming!

Note: I received this book for free from the publisher in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

Source: http://witandsin.blogspot.com/2014/02/review-melting-ice-by-jaci-burton.html