WitandSin

Wit and Sin

Down for the Count (Dare Me Series, #1)
Christine Bell

Review: Cavewomen Don't Get Fat by Esther Blum

Cavewomen Don't Get Fat: The Paleo Chic Diet for Rapid Results - Esther Blum

The increasingly popular Paleo diet gets a female-focused guide inCavewomen Don’t Get Fat. Author Esther Blum has a casual, friendly style of writing that makes Cavewomen Don’t Get Fat a pleasant read (I always like it when health books are both informative and enjoyable). If you’re wary of jumping into the proverbial Paleolithic water, this book is a good introduction. Ms. Blum’s “Paleo Chic” way of life is laid out in such a way that it looks doable, even for the busy modern woman. If you’re already familiar with the high protein and vegetable-rich Paleo diet, a good portion of this book will be repetitive (though the Paleo Chic diet does derivate from the traditional Paleo diet once or twice). That being said, if you’re a woman starting the Paleo diet then Ms. Blum’s chapters geared toward female hormones are well worth reading.

Almost all diet and nutrition books require outside research before beginning, and Cavewomen Don’t Get Fat is no exception. However, Ms. Blum’s research did point me in the right direction when it came to said research. Overall I recommend Cavewomen Don’t Get Fat. Ms. Blum’s writing style is appealing, the Paleo Chic diet is well thought out, and the book is an excellent motivational tool and guide to getting back in touch with our nutritional roots.

Source: http://witandsin.blogspot.com/2013/12/review-cavewomen-dont-get-fat-by-esther.html