WitandSin

Wit and Sin

Irresistible? (Harlequin Love and Laughter, #14) - Stephanie Bond My review originally posted on Joyfully Reviewed: http://www.joyfullyreviewed.com/new-reviews/irresistible-by-stephanie-bond

Artist Ellie Sutherland hasn’t had the best luck with men lately and after losing her job due to budget cuts, she’s also in need of cash. So when she discovers there’s a four-week clinical study that involves pheromone pills, she’s in. The pills seem to work better than Ellie could ever have dreamed. They even seem to work on stuffy lawyer Mark Blackwell, who commissions Ellie to paint his portrait. But the more time Ellie spends with Mark, the more she sees that he isn’t so much stuffy as sexy. But how can she get involved with Mark, knowing that it’s only a matter of time before the study ends and she’s no longer quite so irresistible?

Irresistible? is a delightful romantic comedy, featuring a heroine who is sure to capture readers’ hearts. Ellie is spunky, kind, a bit flighty, and utterly likeable. She sometimes seems to have the worst luck, which is fodder for some entertaining scenes, but mostly just made me feel bad for her. On the other hand, Ellie does get some serious compensation for what she goes through in the form of Mark. Mark’s staid exterior covers a wonderfully passionate interior. At times, Mark’s also simply adorable. I adored he and Ellie together and Stephanie Bond had me hooked as I watched their rather sprightly courtship.

Irresistible? was originally published in the 1990s and is now being digitally re-issued. I will admit, the kinds of fashion that were emphasized in the story did give Irresistible? a bit of a dated feel. Still, this didn’t detract from my reading experience; Irresistible? is a lively, charming read.