WitandSin

Wit and Sin

Steam Toys - Destiny Blaine My review originally posted on Joyfully Reviewed: http://www.joyfullyreviewed.com/new-reviews/steam-toys-by-destiny-blaine

In the year 2010, madam Heidi Labeidi lost both her business and her life. Thirty years later, she’s somewhere between life and death and is determined to bring down her murderer. Enter Edward Brady, genius inventor. The nerdy hunk lives in Heidi’s former home where he creates steam-powered sex toys. Edward needs a test subject for his inventions and Heidi’s only too happy to oblige. But when Heidi’s murderer targets Edward, the former madam finds out that her attachment to Edward goes beyond the sexual.

Steam Toys is a fun and, well, steamy read. Destiny Blaine delivers an entertaining erotica tale complete with an uninhibited heroine, brilliant hero, and imaginative sex toys. It’s easy to like Steam Toys, for the story has an almost exuberant energy. There were a few times I raised my eyebrows at the plot, but in the end I simply enjoyed the ride. Heidi and Edward are likeable, the sex is hot, and the romance present, though a bit understated. While I wouldn’t quite classify Steam Toys as steampunk (aside from the steam-powered sex toys), overall it was lively story I did enjoy reading.