WitandSin

Wit and Sin

Down for the Count (Dare Me Series, #1)
Christine Bell
Spiced Vanilla - Victoria Blisse Originally posted on Joyfully Reviewed: http://www.joyfullyreviewed.com/reviews/Mar10/spicedvanilla.vb.html

After a tragic accident killed the man she loved and left her to recover from a serious injury, Emma didn’t want to leave her flat. For six months she stayed inside, but when Emma chose to take control of her life, it was the smell of a new patisserie that lured her into taking a daily walk to pass by and admire the delicious-smelling cakes and meringues.

It’s now been a year since the accident, and when a painful reminder sends shocks through Emma right outside of the patisserie, the owner, Jack, takes her into his shop for a cup of tea. Both find more than they ever expected. The journey they take will be one of healing, sexual discovery, and the sweetest treat of all: love.

Spiced Vanilla should come with a warning that advises readers (or listeners) to have a cake – or a sexy baker – on hand for the duration of the story. Victoria Blisse mixes sugar and spice and delivers a very nice romance that left me smiling and hungry for more.

I loved that Emma isn’t a model-perfect heroine. She has an everywoman appeal, meaning she comes with both great strengths and weaknesses. She makes mistakes, but she also owns up to and rectifies them. As for Jack, he’s the picture of perfect fantasy. He’s dominant, caring, and he bakes – what more could you ask for? Ms. Blisse combines perfect amounts of heat and sweet to deliver a wonderfully satisfying story. Spiced Vanilla is an utterly delicious confection of a story that definitely left me wanting seconds!