WitandSin

Wit and Sin

Come Back To Me - J.S. Nichols Blue Ribbon Rating: 3 out of 5
Original Review Link

Erin Brady is ready to put her failed engagement behind her. That’s why she trades her honeymoon cruise tickets for a singles cruise. Unfortunately, it’s not long after Erin sets foot on board that she spies her ex entering a cabin a few doors down from her – with another woman! Erin is NOT ready to face her ex, especially since she has a secret she isn’t ready to tell him.

Ryan McKinnon is undercover, acting as a bodyguard to a spoiled heiress. But that’s not his only mission; Ryan is determined to win Erin back, and he’ll do anything to convince her they’re made for each other. But Ryan’s not the only one who has eyes for Erin. Ryan learns that women have gone missing on this cruise line before, and the kidnapper just might have his sights set on Erin.

COME BACK TO ME is filled to the brim with secrets, intrigue and lust. Author J.S. Nichols’ first novel has all the twists and turns that readers of romantic suspense will love. I liked that Ms. Nichols wasn’t afraid to make her villains truly evil, as it made it easy to become engaged in Ryan’s investigation. And speaking of Ryan…wow. Ms. Nichols had me sighing over him for sure. I felt so bad for Ryan; he’s a great guy with a good heart, and he desperately wants to win Erin over. I was rooting for him all the way through COME BACK TO ME.

To the best of my knowledge, COME BACK TO ME is a standalone novel. However, there’s quite a bit of history to Erin and Ryan’s story that had me wondering if perhaps Ms. Nichols has a prequel written that hasn’t been published yet. I hope so, for the glimpses of the past and of a romance involving Erin’s best friend are truly intriguing.

Overall, COME BACK TO ME is a fast-paced, entertaining book. There are a few points where readers will have to suspend disbelief and a dash of religion that surprised me, but neither of these points significantly detracted from the story. I’m looking forward to reading more of Ms. Nichols’ books in the future.

Note: My review was written for Romance Junkies and is cross-posted here courtesy of Romance Junkies.