WitandSin

Wit and Sin

Down for the Count (Dare Me Series, #1)
Christine Bell
Plain Brown Wrapper: A Cruise to Remember - Michelle Hasker My review cross-posted from Joyfully Reviewed: http://www.joyfullyreviewed.com/reviews/Jun08/acruisetoremember.MH.html

Irene has a bit of a problem. For the past year she’s been attracted to her gorgeous roommate Gabriel. The problem is, the desire is one-sided, as Gabe is gay. After another of her boyfriends breaks up with her because of his jealousy towards Gabe, Irene decides to take matters into her own hands. She’d already splurged on a romantic couples cruise, and since Gabe’s the reason she’s going alone, he can fix the problem by going with her. But in teasing Gabe to join her, Irene might discover a whole lot more than she had bargained for. Perhaps the attraction isn’t so one-sided after all…

There is something extremely sexy about the gorgeous, unattainable guy, isn’t there? I admit that I was deeply curious to see how Michelle Hasker would make the premise of A Cruise to Remember work. I’ll forgo giving away the resolution, only to say that she made it work and delivered an enjoyable tale. I will say that in reading A Cruise to Remember, I hit on two troubling points. One would be a minor plot device that did not quite gel for me. My other reservation is that both Irene and Gabe, at one point or another, were extremely pushy, which I found slightly off-putting. However, in the end I found A Cruise to Remember to be a light, enjoyable story and eagerly read on to see if Irene could attain the supposedly unattainable.