WitandSin

Wit and Sin

Down for the Count (Dare Me Series, #1)
Christine Bell
A Midsummer Night's Delights - Kelli Willkins My review cross-posted from Joyfully Reviewed: http://www.joyfullyreviewed.com/reviews/Jan09/amidsummernightsdelights.KAW.html

For newlyweds Annabelle and Julian, adjusting to an arranged marriage isn’t easy, especially when they can’t connect in the bedroom. Frustrated and unhappy, the two are instructed by Julian’s parents to attend a Midsummer Ball. But this is not ordinary affair. Their hosts, Vincent and Sabrina, are about to introduce the young couple into a world filled with erotic delights, where no desire is forbidden and the pleasures to be had are beyond anything Annabelle and Julian could ever have dreamed.

There aren’t enough fans in the world to cool off after reading A Midsummer Night’s Delights. Kelli A. Wilkins has delivered what is perhaps one of the hottest historical romances I’ve ever read.

A Midsummer Night’s Delights takes you on a scorching-hot journey of a young couple learning about each other, their wants, needs, and desires. They’re guided by their far more experienced hosts and learn that openness in the bedroom (among other places) can lead to happiness. Annabelle was charming in her innocent curiosity and her need to learn what would please herself and her husband. Julian was endearing in his fear of failure and his concern that his “hidden urges” would keep him from being the kind of husband Annabelle needed. I enjoyed watching the two of them find their way to one another. As for Vincent and Sabrina, I liked them immensely. They were a breath of fresh air in their candor and I grew every bit as attached to them as I did to the story’s protagonists.

A Midsummer Night’s Delights is definitely not for the faint of heart. Vincent and Sabrina don’t hold back in their games and tutelage, and they don’t allow Annabelle or Julian to hold back either. Ms. Wilkins pens a deliciously wicked tale that is fresh, fun, and wholly delightful.