WitandSin

Wit and Sin

Down for the Count (Dare Me Series, #1)
Christine Bell
Forever Again - Matilda Madison My review cross-posted from Joyfully Reviewed: http://www.joyfullyreviewed.com/new-reviews/forever-again-by-matilda-madison

After five years of being on her own in London, Josephine, Duchess of Blackwood, has decided to finally cause a scandal that has some truth behind it. She’s going to take a lover, even though her heart still aches for the husband that refuses to come to her.

Lucius knows the rumors about his wife are false, so even though he misses her, he won’t give into her demands to come and collect her. But when he hears that she actually intends to take a lover the night of her annual Masquerade Ball, Lucius knows he has to intervene. Will he be able to win back his wife before she turns to another?

I love a good reunion romance and I was delighted with the premise of Forever Again. Matilda Madison delivers one delicious hero in Lucius. Yes, he’s made a mistake in letting an argument and battle of wills keep him from his wife, but Jo is equally responsible for their separation. I started out Forever Again liking Jo, but her likeability sank as the story went on. That she loves her husband and is so lonely she wants to take a lover I understand. The fact that she becomes incredibly uncomfortable but keeps going with her plan (or believes she is – I won’t spoil the story, but is it any surprise that Lucius alters her course)? That made me question her intelligence. It’s hard to be completely satisfied with a romance when you only like one of the protagonists, but even though Forever Again wasn’t for me, I liked Ms. Madison’s writing style enough that I’d give another one of her stories a try.