WitandSin

Wit and Sin

The Pirate Bride (Pirate's Booty, #3) - Temple Hogan My review cross-posted from Joyfully Reviewed: http://www.joyfullyreviewed.com/new-reviews/the-pirate-bride-by-temple-hogan

Red Charlie is a fearsome pirate, the likes of which tales are told far and wide about. Jackson Shaw couldn’t care less about Red Charlie at the moment. Not when the woman he wanted has deceived him and gotten engaged to another man right under his very nose. All Jackson wants to do is get drunk and forget about Joanna. He accomplishes the first and when he wakes up, he finds that he’s drowned his problems and created new ones in their wake. He’s married, to none other than Red Charlie herself. Not only that, but his pirate bride has fled. What’s a man to do? Why, board her ship and capture her, of course!

Temple Hogan’s Pirate’s Booty series started out with such promise. I adored The Virgin Pirate, which is why it’s so difficult for me to say I had the exact opposite feeling about The Pirate Bride. It’s hard to become attached to two protagonists who spend the majority of the story absolutely hating each other and only ceasing their fights long enough to have sex. Neither Charity (aka Red Charlie) nor Jackson were very appealing characters and the romance that sprung up between them felt more odd than anything else. I wanted to like The Pirate Bride, but it simply did not work for me.