WitandSin

Wit and Sin

Down for the Count (Dare Me Series, #1)
Christine Bell
Redeeming Jack - Kate Pearce My review cross-posted from Joyfully Reviewed: http://www.joyfullyreviewed.com/new-reviews/redeeming-jack-by-kate-pearce

Disowned by his family and with his reputation in tatters, Jack Llewelyn survives by nursing wounded officers returning home from the Napoleonic Wars. When the Duke of Diable Delamere offers to help Jack clear his name in exchange for Jack catching a runaway spy, Jack leaps at the offer. His quest to capture the traitor lands Jack in the path of the one woman he thought never to see again — his wife. Carys wants a divorce, but Jack finds he cannot let the woman who still holds his heart go. Can he convince his wife to give him another chance? Jack might not live long enough to find out the answer.

Secrets and smugglers, betrayal and romance, Redeeming Jack has it all. Redeeming Jack is jam-packed with emotion and I loved the story for it. Carys and Jack are two people who are still in love with one another, but they have to overcome past hurts, feelings of abandonment, and a few truly awful relatives if they hope to make their marriage work. Kate Pearce swept me into their love story from the get go and I simply did not want to put Redeeming Jack down until Carys and Jack had found their happily ever after. Added to the romance are healthy doses of danger, intrigue, and family secrets, making it a “full” book. Ms. Pearce always writes an entertaining story and Redeeming Jack is no exception. Jack and Carys’s story is sure to engage and interest readers from beginning to end.

Note: Redeeming Jack is the sequel to Educating Elizabeth, but it can be read as a standalone. A word of warning to those who haven’t read Educating Elizabeth: be prepared for major spoilers.