WitandSin

Wit and Sin

Jared (Red, Hot & Blue, #4) - Cat Johnson Blue Ribbon Rating: 3 out of 5
Original Review Link

Jared Gordon likes his laid-back life in the small Southern town of Pigeon Hollow. Producer Mandy Morris is a threat to that. It seems the L.A. lady thinks that Pigeon Hollow is the perfect site for her new reality show, and she wants Jared to be a part of it. There’s no way Jared will put up with a camera zeroed in on his face – or any other portion of his anatomy. Yet, while Jared has no interest in learning about reality TV, he does want to get to know Mandy. Mandy doesn’t seem to want to mix business with pleasure, but Jared is sure his own brand of cowboy charm can convince her otherwise…

Sparks fly in the sizzling fourth installment of Cat Johnson’s RED, HOT & BLUE series. JARED is a wickedly entertaining story that will keep readers’ fans on high this summer. Jared and Mandy are both inherently likeable characters whose main obstacle is that they’re on opposite sides of the proverbial line in the sand regarding Mandy’s proposed reality show. But disagreements can’t stop the sexual tension that simmers between them. And when things heat up in JARED, they really heat up. Ms. Johnson sets the page ablaze when Mandy and Jared hit the sheets.

Even though JARED is the fourth story in the RED, HOT & BLUE series, it can be read as a standalone. I haven’t read the first three stories – TREY, JACK and JIMMY – but Ms. Johnson has me intrigued enough that I want to give them a try. In addition, there’s a sexy-as-hell deputy sheriff in JARED that makes me hope Ms. Johnson has another RED, HOT & BLUE book coming soon.

Note: My review was written for Romance Junkies and is cross-posted here courtesy of Romance Junkies.