WitandSin

Wit and Sin

Down for the Count (Dare Me Series, #1)
Christine Bell
Hot for Fireman - Jennifer Bernard My review cross-posted from Joyfully Reviewed: http://www.joyfullyreviewed.com/new-reviews/hot-for-fireman-by-jennifer-bernard

Firefighter Ryan Blake has always had a bit of a problem rushing into things too fast. After some forced time off, Ryan is back in San Gabriel and eager to prove to his captain that he’s ready to get his job back. But Captain Brody isn’t about to let Ryan walk back on the job. Ryan has to study for an exam, and while he does so he takes a job at Hair of the Dog, a local bar with a sexy, snippy owner who turns Ryan on like nobody’s business.

Katie Dane is far too busy putting out fires of her own to let herself get mixed up with her sexy new bartender.. The Hair of the Dog isn’t making money and she can’t afford to keep her family’s bar running, even with the too-hot-to-touch Ryan bringing in the female crowd. The only solution to Katie’s seemingly never-ending money problems appears to be burning the bar down for the insurance money. What she doesn’t know is that Ryan was once one of San Gabriel’s infamous Bachelor Firemen. As the sparks fly between Katie and Ryan, things heat up at Hair of the Dog… In more ways than one.

Who can resist a loveable, sexy fireman like Ryan? Not me. Having fallen for Ryan in the first Bachelor Fireman of San Gabriel book, The Fireman Who Loved Me, I was eager to read his book. Hot for Fireman is even better than its predecessor, though Ryan isn’t as lightheartedly charming in his own book. He is, however, determined to help Katie whether she likes it or not. I felt for Katie; running Hair of the Dog is not something she ever wanted to do and having a failing bar dumped on you would drive anyone insane. Arson is never a solution, but I definitely didn’t blame Katie for being desperate – I would be too, in her situation. Because author Jennifer Bernard made me sympathetic toward Katie’s plight, I was drawn into Hot for Fireman. I wanted to see things work out for Katie and I definitely enjoyed watching her and Ryan fall in love.

Hot for Fireman can be read as a standalone, but readers who enjoyed The Fireman Who Loved Me will surely be pleased to catch up with some of their favorite characters from that book. I thoroughly enjoyed seeing more of Ms. Bernard’s sexy firefighters and I’m looking forward to reading more Bachelor Firemen of San Gabriel books.