WitandSin

Wit and Sin

Down for the Count (Dare Me Series, #1)
Christine Bell
The Countess Takes A Lover - Bonnie Dee Recommended Read

My review is cross-posted from Joyfully Reviewed: http://www.joyfullyreviewed.com/reviews/RRs/June08RR/TheCountessTakesAlover.BD.html

La Comtesse de Chevalier has received a most interesting proposition. In exchange for Lord Whitby’s support of a Parliamentary bill she wants passed, the sexually adventurous countess will “make a man” of his son. Intrigued by the offer and the sexily reserved Christopher Whitby, Meredith entices the botanist to her country estate with an offer to redesign her greenhouse.

Withdrawn from society for the most part, Chris has more interest in studying exotic plants than being the stereotypical wealthy gentleman his father wants him to be. Yet after one kiss from the alluring countess, Chris’s passions are awakened. On Meredith’s estate desire burns brightly between the two, but lust isn’t the only emotion blossoming between them. Will Chris find out about his father’s deal with the countess? Will Meredith risk her heart for a love that she never believed could exist?

At first glance, I was intrigued by the premise of The Countess Takes a Lover. It’s rare to find a book where the heroine is the one sexually educating the hero. I was expecting a hot love story, and found that and so much more in Bonnie Dee’s luscious tale. Meredith and Chris were two characters I was immediately drawn to. I found Meredith’s survival of an abusive marriage, her inner strength, and self-possession admirable. Chris, though green at first, rapidly developed into an utterly delicious hero and I was enraptured watching his transition. Liking the characters as I did, I quickly become invested in the story, eagerly reading to see their relationship grow. By the end of this deliciously enthralling tale, I was left wanting a Chris of my own. The Countess Takes a Lover is a sexy historical romance I Joyfully Recommend!