WitandSin

Wit and Sin

Down for the Count (Dare Me Series, #1)
Christine Bell
Under My Umbrella (Fated, #1) - Karen  Erickson My review is cross-posted from Joyfully Reviewed: http://www.joyfullyreviewed.com/new-reviews/under-my-umbrella-by-karen-erickson

Jenna hates walking home in the rain, but she’s thankful she at least remembered her umbrella. Especially when a handsome, soaking wet stranger asks to share it with her. It turns out the stranger, Brett, is a firefighter who lives nearby. When Jenna boldly asks Brett if he wants to dry off in her apartment, they go from strangers to lovers in a flash. Was their rainy day meeting a sign they’re fated to be together?

Chance encounters lead to explosively hot sex in Under My Umbrella. Karen Erickson throws two gorgeous protagonists together and lets the sparks fly, making Under My Umbrella one deliciously erotic read. Yet, while I enjoyed the steamy hot sex between Brett and Jenna, I never felt that I truly got to know them. This made the romance between them fall a bit flat because I couldn’t really understand why they fell in love with one another. There was also a slight problem three-quarters of the way through the book. I won’t spoil what happens, but Jenna’s character inexplicably changes a bit, and not for the better. This made the climax of the book it’s low point, I’m sorry to say. Still, as an erotic story, Under My Umbrella definitely works.