WitandSin

Wit and Sin

Down for the Count (Dare Me Series, #1)
Christine Bell
The Sure Thing - Claire Matthews My review cross-posted from Joyfully Reviewed: http://www.joyfullyreviewed.com/new-reviews/the-sure-thing-by-claire-matthews

After nearly hitting rock bottom, Becca Ellison has managed to turn her life around. Now a wedding caterer in Las Vegas, Becca has seen groomsmen aplenty. But nothing can prepare her for groomsman Nick Brady.

Nick is in town for the wedding of an old college friend, but it’s Becca, not the wedding, who has his complete attention. Becca seems reluctant to risk starting a relationship with a man she’s only known a few days and who lives a couple of hundred miles away. Nick, however, is determined to convince her that time and distance don’t matter — he and Becca a sure thing.

What locale could be better for a whirlwind romance than Las Vegas? Claire Matthews has delivered a fast-paced tale of love at first sight in The Sure Thing. While I appreciated the premise of The Sure Thing, there was simply too much going on in the story and no element was ever fully developed. As a result, the story felt like a mish-mash of superficial ideas and characters. Without any depth, the story itself felt implausible and the characters seemed almost like high schoolers. If The Sure Thing had been better fleshed out, it could have been a great story. As it was, Becca and Nick’s romance was a bit of a miss for me.