WitandSin

Wit and Sin

Down for the Count (Dare Me Series, #1)
Christine Bell
Fated (Serendipity, #0.5) - Carly Phillips Blue Ribbon Rating: 4 out of 5
Original Review Link

After a disastrous romance gone bad, Kate Andrews swore she’d never again be second best to a man again. Unfortunately, she’s undeniably attracted to Nick Mancini, a man who never even noticed Kate until her best friend fell in love with someone else. Now Nick’s pursuing Kate with a vengeance and she’ll have to decide whether she’s brave enough to risk her heart on the chance that she and Nick are fated to be together.

Some couples are just meant to be, and that’s the case with Kate and Nick. Author Carly Phillips made me smile over and over again in FATED. Kate’s been burned by love before and she’s understandably wary when Nick — who’s been in love with her best friend Faith — starts asking her out. I loved that Nick pulled out all the stops when it came to trying to win Kate over. Yes, Nick had it bad for Faith in high school, but there’s no question that as an adult he’s head over heels for the woman he never saw as more than a friend. I adored Kate and Nick together and each time I read FATED their love story makes me smile.

FATED is a novella that takes place between the first two books in Ms. Phillips’s SERENDIPITY series. While FATED can easily be read as a standalone, fans of SERENDIPITY will enjoy revisiting some of their favorite characters from that book, particularly Faith, who helps Nick with his campaign to get Kate’s attention.

Like all the SERENDIPITY stories, FATED is warm, sensual and fun. I absolutely adored Kate and Nick’s story and I look forward to re-reading it again and again and again.

Note: My review was written for Romance Junkies and is cross-posted here courtesy of Romance Junkies.