WitandSin

Wit and Sin

Down for the Count (Dare Me Series, #1)
Christine Bell
The Bridgertons: Happily Ever After - Julia Quinn My review cross-posted from Joyfully Reviewed: http://www.joyfullyreviewed.com/new-reviews/the-bridgertons-happily-ever-after-by-julia-quinn

All eight Bridgerton siblings have found love, but that doesn’t mean their stories end with “happily ever after.” Surprise babies, hidden diamonds, new love matches, and more are waiting in the second epilogues for The Duke and I, The Viscount Who Loved Me, An Offer From a Gentleman, Romancing Mister Bridgerton, To Sir Phillip, With Love, When He Was Wicked, It’s in His Kiss, and On the Way to the Wedding. Plus the Bridgerton matriarch finally takes center stage in the novella “Violet in Bloom.”

The Bridgertons: Happily Ever After is a must-have for all Bridgerton fans! Julia Quinn answers readers’ questions with delightful vignettes for each of her Bridgerton books. From learning whether or not Francesca and Michael were able to have children to finding out if Simon ever read his father’s letters to seeing who wins the yearly Pall Mall grudge match, each second epilogue in The Bridgertons: Happily Ever After warmed my heart. Just as every reader has their own favorite Bridgerton book, so too will readers connect with different epilogues. My personal favorite of the collection is “To Sir Phillip, With Love: The 2nd Epilogue,” the story of Eloise’s stepdaughter Amanda, who finds love when she least expects it. I’m afraid I cannot write too much about the second epilogues or I risk giving away too much about the stories. Suffice it to say each adds to the original book and is well worth reading if you love the Bridgertons.

It would be remiss of me to write about The Bridgertons: Happily Ever After without mentioning “Violet in Bloom,” which highlights various points in Violet Ledger Bridgerton’s life. There was joy in seeing eight- year-old Violet scheming to set a trap for the “horrid” Bridgerton boy, then watching her fall in love with him nine years later. “Violet in Bloom” is incredibly bittersweet. The love Edmund and Violet have for each other is legendary within the series, so watching Violet go through love, loss, and making a life for herself as a widow was both beautiful and tragic. Ms. Quinn hits all the right notes with “Violet in Bloom,” and it’s truly a gift to readers to meet Edmund. I loved seeing him and Violet at a younger age; it made me smile to see bits and pieces of their children in them. Even though I found myself tearing up at parts, overall the story made me smile and feel like I got to experience a special piece of Bridgerton history.

The Bridgertons: Happily Ever After was an enchanting read from beginning to end. If you haven’t read the Bridgerton series, I urge you to do so before picking up this book, as it’s definitely one for the fans. And if you do love the series, you’re in for a treat — The Bridgertons: Happily Ever After is a wonderful collection.