WitandSin

Wit and Sin

Deceiving the Protector (Resurrection, #2) - Dee Tenorio My review cross-posted from Joyfully Reviewed: http://www.joyfullyreviewed.com/new-reviews/deceiving-the-protector-by-dee-tenorio

As right hand to the Alpha, wolf shifter Jensen Tate is used to his orders being followed. Then, murders start occurring on the Shifter Underground and Tate is tasked with finding and protecting a stray shifter. Unfortunately for him, Lia is not only unimpressed by his orders, she undermines his efforts to protect her for reasons Tate can’t discover. Tate isn’t one to back down, especially when it comes to uncovering the secrets of the woman who might be his mate.

Lia Crawford doesn’t want to like the gorgeous shifter who dogs her every step, and she definitely doesn’t want to fall for him. Though everything in her strains to be with Tate, Lia knows she must outwit him and run – it’s the only way she can protect him from a sadistic killer that is determined to tear Tate limb from limb. But deceiving her protector isn’t as simple as Lia would like it to be. Tate refuses to give up on her, and even as the murderer stalks them both, Lia finds that she cannot give up her handsome protector either.

Delve into the fascinating supernatural world of Dee Tenorio’s Resurrection series with Deceiving the Protector. The world Ms. Tenorio first created in Tempting the Enemy is even more intriguing in this second installment, as readers get to further explore the world of the shifters. I don’t want to spoil any of the excitement of Deceiving the Protector; suffice it to say that Ms. Tenorio’s world building is top notch and the things you will learn about both the shifters and their enemies will intrigue you.

At the center of Deceiving the Protector are Tate and Lia. Tate, who charmed me in Tempting the Enemy, is slightly darker in his own story, and with good reason. Tate drew me in and made me sigh (in a good way). More importantly, he and Lia made me care. Lia’s so very strong and she’s faced a tremendous amount of hardship that broke my heart. I respected her and wanted her to find happiness with Tate for both of them deserved it. The third major player in the story is Lia’s stalker. Again, I don’t want to spoil the story, but the murderer is terrifyingly brutal and an interestingly complex villain.

Deceiving the Protector is the second book in the Resurrection series, but Ms. Tenorio provides enough information that you don’t have to have read Tempting the Enemy to follow along (though it’d be a crime not to read it). My only complaint about Deceiving the Protector is that I have to wait for a third Resurrection story. There’s so much in the world of this series to ponder and I want to know more. Even though Deceiving the Protector has a satisfying ending, you can be sure that I’ll be first in line to read the next Resurrection book. Ms. Tenorio, you’ve got me hooked!