WitandSin

Wit and Sin

To Wed a Wild Lord (Hellions of Halstead Hall #4) - Sabrina Jeffries Recommended Read

Originally posted on Joyfully Reviewed: http://www.joyfullyreviewed.com/recommended-reviews/november-2011-recommended-reads/to-wed-a-wild-lord-by-sabrina-jeffries

After his friend, Roger Waverly, dies in a race, Lord Gabriel Sharpe becomes known as the Angel of Death. Weighed down with guilt, Gabe doesn’t try to fight the nickname and instead accepts any race challenge that comes his way. He just never expects Roger’s sister to challenge him.

Gabe doesn’t want to race Virginia Waverly – he wants to marry her. His grandmother has stated that if he and his siblings don’t all marry within a year, they’ll be disinherited. Gabe figures he can kill two birds with one stone: satisfy his grandmother and provide for Virginia and her family. But Virginia’s grandfather blames Gabe for Roger’s death and Virginia herself won’t marry any man who doesn’t truly see her. Can Gabe overcome her grandfather’s fierce objections and Virginia’s own stubbornness to prove that she’s the only woman who can tame his wild heart?

To Wed a Wild Lord may just be my favorite Hellions of Halstead Hall book yet! To Wed a Wild Lord sparks with passion, energy, and life and I couldn’t put it down. Like all the Sharpe siblings, when Gabe wants something, he goes after it. And what Gabe wants is Virginia. Though his determination originally springs from his attraction to Virginia and a need to assuage his guilt over her brother’s death, the real joy is watching his feelings for her grow. Gabe sees Virginia for who she really is. She’s both practical and a romantic, and Gabe treasures all of her. I too adored Virginia; she’s both intelligent and loyal. The dynamic between her and Gabriel was delightful to read and I avidly turned the pages of To Wed a Wild Lord, dying to see how Virginia and Gabe’s romance would turn out.

To Wed a Wild Lord is the fourth book in the Hellions of Halstead Hall series, but readers who have not yet read The Truth About Lord Stoneville, A Hellion in Her Bed, and How to Woo a Reluctant Lady will have no problem reading To Wed a Wild Lord as a standalone. There is an overarching mystery in the series concerning the deaths of the Sharpe siblings’ parents, and each book in the series has only made that plotline more interesting. I can’t wait to see how that storyline turns out, but most of all I’m on the edge of my seat to see what happens when Celia, the youngest Sharpe sibling, finally meets her match in A Lady Never Surrenders.