WitandSin

Wit and Sin

Something New (Wedding Belles, Book Two)

Something New (Wedding Belles, Book Two) - Cerise DeLand My review is cross-posted from Joyfully Reviewed: http://www.joyfullyreviewed.com/new-reviews/something-new-by-cerise-deland

If there’s one thing the mother of the bride should not do, it’s lust after the best man. Raine Fortunato keeps telling herself that Scott McCoy is off-limits, but the way he looks at her makes her want to melt where she stands. The widowed Raine is determined to focus her desires on men older, not younger, than herself, but when Scott makes it clear he returns her interest, Raine can’t help but give into temptation. But will their newfound relationship last beyond the wedding weekend?

Something New is sexy, fun, and heartwarming all at once. Scott is to-die-for delicious and it’s easy to see why Raine can’t resist him – there’s brains, sweetness, and charm to go with that rock-hard body. Raine is an endearing heroine, one who makes mistakes in her and Scott’s growing relationship because of insecurities that are understandable. It added a slight touch of realism to an otherwise naughty fantasy of a story.

Something New is the second story in the multi-author Wedding Belles series, but each story fully stands on its own. Brina and Zoe of Something Old and Something Borrowed have cameos, but otherwise the fun is all about Raine and Scott. I really enjoyed Something New. Cerise DeLand delivers a fast-paced, red-hot good time with Raine and Scott’s romance.