WitandSin

Wit and Sin

Down for the Count (Dare Me Series, #1)
Christine Bell

Lilies And Lies

Lilies And Lies - Tara Greenbaum My review is cross-posted from Wit and Sin: http://witandsin.blogspot.com/2008/03/lilies-and-lies-by-tara-greenbaum-must.html

Jillian Connelly has had it with men who lie to her. The struggling florist has ditched her cheating fiancé and is just hoping to make it through her best friend’s wedding (where said ex is the best man). In a modern twist on the classic Hollywood “meet cute,” Jillian meets Garrett Guinness; charming, unemployed, newly-moved to her hometown. There’s just one problem.

Garrett McGuinness, billionaire hotelier has given up his flashy, New York lifestyle and hopes to have a few days of peace before the opening of his new hotel. When sparks fly between him and Jillian, Garrett doesn’t want to ruin it with his famous name, so he tells a few little lies. The problem is, Garrett has now painted himself into a corner with no way out in sight.

This is the first book I’ve read by Tara Greenbaum and definitely won’t be my last. Lilies and Lies reminds me of the sexy romantic comedies of the ‘50s and ‘60s (think Pillow Talk). You have an intelligent, honest heroine, a seductive hero who (though he lies to the heroine) is a good man at heart. Add a fun, fast-paced plot, endearing supporting characters, and some seriously steamy love scenes, and you have Greenbaum’s novel. Overall I found Lilies and Lies to be charming, witty, sexy, and utterly entertaining.

Reading Lilies and Lies is akin to sipping your favorite fruity cocktail by the poolside: refreshing, sweet, and just a touch naughty. A definite must-read!!!!