WitandSin

Wit and Sin

Black Point Surrendered (Black Point, #4) - A.J. Llewellyn,  D.J. Manly My review originally posted on Joyfully Reviewed: http://joyfullyreviewed.com/reviews/Jul09/blackpointsurrendered.ALDM.html

Hollywood life isn’t all glamour and glitz for Thomas as he watches his novel, Last Chance, be picked apart and reworked to death by the movie industry. Lucky for Thomas, the executive in charge of production for the film is his husband, Matt. When the studio considers filming the movie in Canada, Matt and Thomas are off to Vancouver to scout for locations. Matt’s thrilled to visit Thomas’s home country, but he quickly notices all isn’t quite right with his husband.

For Thomas, being in Vancouver brings back dark memories; memories of his first love, Daniel, and their relationship being ripped apart by the machinations of another. When Thomas finds out that Daniel is still in Vancouver, he knows he has to see him again. And when he learns that Daniel is still in love with him, Thomas can’t help but feel desire for the man he once loved. The question is, is Thomas’s love for Matt stronger than emotions evoked by the past?

Happily ever after isn’t always smooth sailing. It takes love, understanding, and patience, which is largely what Black Point Surrendered is about. By far my favorite installment in the Black Point series, Black Point Surrendered captured my attention from first page to last. As with the previous books, Thomas and Matt are a sexy, irresistible pair, but what really grabbed me about this story is that it focused completely on them and the obstacles they faced both personally and professionally. In the previous Black Point stories, much of the plot was the heroes handling family drama. But by watching Matt and Thomas deal with their own problems, I was able to better connect with them, to become more attached to each man. While Black Point Surrendered deals with the impact Thomas’ unresolved issues about his first love has on his marriage, one of the things I loved is that the strength of Matt and Thomas’ love for one another never falters. A gripping, satisfying read that is sure to leave a smile on your face, Black Point Surrendered is not to be missed.