WitandSin

Wit and Sin

Black Point Christmas - A.J. Llewellyn, D.J. Manly My review originally posted on Joyfully Reviewed: http://www.joyfullyreviewed.com/reviews/Jan10/blackpointchristmas.DJM.html

It should have been the best Christmas ever for Thomas and Matt. A trip to Hawaii, Christmas at Black Point with their family, and in just over a month, their baby is due. But right from the start things go wrong. Presents for their niece go missing and drama with Matt’s brother threaten their vision of a peaceful holiday. To top it all off, something’s off with their baby’s birth mother. When Thomas goes to investigate, he finds himself kidnapped by fanatics who oppose his and Matt’s impending fatherhood. It’ll take a Christmas miracle for this holiday to end happily.

Matt and Thomas feel the full hit of Murphy’s Law in Black Point Christmas. Their wish for an idyllic Christmas is foiled almost from page one, but trust in A.J. Llewellyn and D.J. Manly to make everything right in the end. Matt and Thomas are the same as they ever were, as are Matt’s loving but slightly madcap family. New ground isn’t broken in Black Point Christmas. Rather, the book seems like a lovely visit with old friends for those who already adore the Black Point series. For readers new to the series, most of the Black Point books can be read on their own. However, in the case of Black Point Christmas, I recommend reading at least the previous Black Point book, Black Point Surrendered, first, as storylines from that book spill over into this one. All in all, I enjoyed Black Point Christmas and look forward to seeing what’s next for Thomas and Matt.