WitandSin

Wit and Sin

Toy Box: Vibrators - M. Rode, S. Blaise, Alex Marcus-Jacobs, Chris Owen My review originally posted on Joyfully Reviewed: http://www.joyfullyreviewed.com/reviews/Oct09/vibrators.SMSBCO.html

“Caught in the Act” by Alex Marcus-Jacobs
With his dorm mostly empty for the holidays, Tom decides it’s the perfect time to try out the toys he just bought himself. When his sexy friend Adrian catches him in the act, Tom’s mortified until it becomes clear that perhaps Adrian might like to give him a hand with testing out his new vibrators.

It’s fun to read about friends becoming lovers, and “Caught in the Act” is no exception. I loved the hesitation and slight uncertainty in both Tom and Adrian, and I enjoyed their desire for one another overcoming it even more. A light-hearted, pleasurable tale, I enjoyed reading “Caught in the Act.”

“A Hand from Eros and Venus” by S. Blaise
It’s not the first time Kieran has ever been into a sex shop, but it is the first time he’s ever been there to buy something. On a mission to find a gag gift for his friend’s wedding, Kieran meets Mack, the owner of Eros and Venus. Mack’s happy to help Kieran find the perfect gift; and even happier to offer Kieran a personal demonstration of his products.

S. Blaise captures that indefinable spark that comes from meeting a sexy stranger perfectly in “A Hand from Eros and Venus.” I loved watching the confident Mack seduce the somewhat shy Kieran. What’s more, I loved watching Kieran come into his own as he began exploring his sexuality with Mack. These two definitely burned up the page in the best of ways, and I adored every minute of it. This was the first story I’ve read by Ms. Blaise and it definitely won’t be the last.

“Discreet Packaging” by Chris Owen
Detective Cortland Strang has just received a box wrapped in notably discreet packaging. Though unsure what’s in the package and who sent it, his lover, Patrick Gallagher, is eager to find out. When it turns out that the package contains sex toys, Cort and Gallagher’s evening gets a whole lot hotter.

Chris Owen never fails to pen an entertaining tale and “Discreet Packaging” is no exception. Even tired after a long week at work, Gallagher has a sparkling energy which drew me in. The more calm of the pair, Cort is nevertheless equally enticing. Together, they’re dynamite and I loved both the genuine emotion between the lovers and the way they heated up the page. Cort and Gallagher’s first story was in the To Serve and Protect anthology and immediately upon finishing “Discreet Packaging” I rushed to buy and read their story in To Serve and Protect.

There’s nothing innocent about a vibrator, and Toy Box: Vibrators explores the wonderful naughtiness of such toys. Each story has its own distinctive feel and each was a delight to read. Fans old and new of Alex Marcus-Jacobs, S. Blaise, and Chris Owen are sure to adore this deliciously wicked anthology.