WitandSin

Wit and Sin

Down for the Count (Dare Me Series, #1)
Christine Bell
Combustion - Denise A. Agnew Originally posted on Joyfully Reviewed: http://www.joyfullyreviewed.com/reviews/Jan10/combustion.DAA.html

Autumn MacAllister has returned home to Clifton to heal after a horrible accident threatens to end her smoke jumping career. Her luck doesn’t seem to have improved when, on the way to her new job, she gets in a terrible car wreck. But fate can make even bad situations turn around when it turns out that one of the firefighters at the scene is Jack Dillon. Autumn can hardly believe the devastatingly handsome fireman is the same quiet boy she used to tutor in English.

Jack has never forgotten his teenage crush on Autumn. In fact, his fantasies have only gotten more detailed over the years. And when it’s clear Autumn returns his attraction, the heat between them just gets hotter. But Jack’s chances at winning Autumn’s heart for good may be nil if a serial arsonist and old enemies have their way.

Combustion is as explosively hot as the title suggests. The action’s hot, the love scenes hotter, and the tragedy both Autumn and Jack have to deal with very real. Fire has taken loved ones from both protagonists in the past. Each has seen its destructive power and the evilness of those who use fire to harm and has chosen to battle the blazes at the risk of their own lives. How can you not love characters who are heroic, strong, and modest? I really liked both Autumn and Jack and because of this, I was captivated by Combustion, wanting to see them get their happily ever after with one another.

Denise A. Agnew skillfully blends danger, action, and romance to create an engaging, satisfying tale. I thoroughly enjoyed Combustion and look forward to reading more of Ms. Agnew’s work.