WitandSin

Wit and Sin

In the Arms of a Marquess - Katharine Ashe My review is posted on Joyfully Reviewed: http://www.joyfullyreviewed.com/new-reviews/in-the-arms-of-a-marquess-by-katharine-ashe

The gossips are abuzz over Miss Octavia Pierce’s return from India. Though she’s an “original,” and a beautiful one at that, she’s also twenty-five and unwed. Her parents are determined that Octavia should marry, but they don’t know that Octavia lost her heart years ago. Now, Octavia is back in England and while one man courts her, it’s another man who captivates her: the Marquess of Doreé, the very man who’d once broken her heart.

True love gets a second chance in the lovely, romantic In the Arms of a Marquess. Katharine Ashe brings longing, pain, and distrust to vivid life without ever going overboard into angst territory. My heart broke for Octavia and Ben; they’re clearly meant for one another, but their abrupt and painful breakup years before has left its mark on them. Ms. Ashe made it easy to become invested in their story and I longed to see these two reunite. It isn’t an easy road to happily ever after for them, as both Octavia and Ben create their own obstacles that they then must overcome. A dash of intrigue adds further flavor to In the Arms of the Marquess, rounding out the story perfectly.

In the Arms of the Marquess is the third full-length book in Ms. Ashe’s Rogues of the Sea series, but it can be read as a standalone. Fans of the series will be delighted to read references to some of their favorite characters and Valerie, the heroine of the first Rogues of the Sea novel (Swept Away by a Kiss), is a charming presence in this book. All in all, I very much enjoyed In the Arms of the Marquess. Ms. Ashe’s writing style continues to be delightful and I’m looking forward to reading her next book.