WitandSin

Wit and Sin

Down for the Count (Dare Me Series, #1)
Christine Bell
Perfect Storm - Jacqueline Barbary Originally posted on Joyfully Reviewed: http://www.joyfullyreviewed.com/new-reviews/perfect-storm-by-jacqueline-barbary

Sorceress Miranda Stephanos has been stuck on Marsh Walk for the past three years with only the sexy spirit of a pirate and a warden who wants nothing to do with her for company. But while Anders, her ghostly pirate lover, is an entertaining companion, Miranda cannot help but wish for the day Caleb Marsh would desire her. A powerful storm grants Miranda her wish, but desire isn’t necessarily love, particularly since Caleb’s hatred for Miranda’s father runs deep. Can she convince Caleb to trust her with his heart? Or will their passion be as fleeting as a storm?

Magic, ghosts, and raw passion fill the pages of Perfect Storm. Jacqueline Barbary scintillates with this tale of two lovers who repress their desires until it boils over into some incredibly sexy encounters, often involving a certain roguish pirate. It’s easy to care about Miranda, Caleb, and Anders, which makes Perfect Storm an engaging read. Yet while Perfect Storm has likeable protagonists and eroticism to spare, for me the love story fell a bit short. I understand that the feelings between Miranda and Caleb have been brewing for years, but there was something less than organic about their declarations of love. Still, I greatly enjoyed Perfect Storm overall and will surely re-read Caleb and Miranda’s red hot story in the near future.