WitandSin

Wit and Sin

The Twisted Tale of Stormy Gale - Christine  Bell Originally posted on Joyfully Reviewed: http://www.joyfullyreviewed.com/new-reviews/the-twisted-tale-of-stormy-gale-by-christine-bell

Stormy Gale was born in 1810 and lives in the 21st century, but she’s not exactly vying for a world record on age. Stormy’s a time pirate and, with the aid of a Time Travel Mechanism her adoptive father made, she and her brother travel back and forth through time. But when her brother, Bacon, loses his TTM in a hand of cards, Stormy must travel to 1836 and face the man who won it from him. The Duke of Leister is rumored to be mad, but Stormy finds that the inventor is too clever for her own good. In the span of a day, not only does Leister have Bacon’s TTM, he has Stormy as well.

I’ll admit, I’m not one for time travel stories. But the title of The Twisted Tale of Stormy Gale caught my eye and the description made me want to give the book a try. I’m so glad I did. Christine Bell has penned a funny, energetic romance that will make you smile and sigh. Stormy may have been born in the nineteenth century, but she’s a totally modern woman, complete with a dependence on Starbucks. She’s got spunk and likeability and it’s hard to resist her. And the duke? Hmmm…I’m not sure I want to say anything about him. Let’s just say the purportedly mad Duke of Leister has a few secrets you’ll love to uncover. He’s equally irresistible and can be oh-so-sexy when he wants to be. Stormy’s good-hearted brother Bacon rounds out the main cast. Bacon’s the kind of brother you love to read about, but would never want in real life. He makes mistakes that I’m sure would make even the most patient person smack themselves on the forehead, but what can I say? It’s part of his charm.

The Twisted Tale of Stormy Gale is a delight to read (and re-read). It has a few steampunk elements for those who enjoy the genre, but I wouldn’t necessarily classify the story as steampunk. I adored The Twisted Tale of Stormy Gale and I look forward to reading more of Ms. Bell’s work.