WitandSin

Wit and Sin

Married By Morning - Lisa Kleypas Originally posted on Joyfully Reviewed: http://www.joyfullyreviewed.com/new-reviews/married-by-morning-by-lisa-kleypas

For Catherine Marks, being a paid companion to the Hathaway sisters would be a dream come true, if it weren’t for their irritating brother. Leo Hathaway, Lord Ramsay, gets on Cat’s last nerve. They fight constantly and she can’t understand why he gets under her skin…or why she so desperately desires him. Cat knows the secrets of her past will ensure she could never be someone Leo could marry, were he so inclined. And when the Hathaways learn Leo must marry and produce an heir within a year to keep their home, Cat knows her time with the Hathaways must come to an end, for there is no way she can live with seeing Leo married to someone else. Then Leo shocks Cat by proposing she be his wife. Cat knows to wish for such a thing can only end in heartbreak, especially when her past comes back to haunt her. But Leo’s a Hathaway and Hathaways never back down when it comes to claiming the person they want. Leo and Cat are about to find themselves locked in a desperate battle where the prize is each other’s hearts.

Readers be warned: don’t started Married by Morning at night – you’ll be up until dawn, unable to put it down. Trust me on this. From the very first page of Married by Morning, I was entranced. Leo and Cat made me laugh with their bickering, sigh over their romance, and kept me turning the pages until they found their happily ever after.

Leo is a character I’ve loved watching develop over the Hathaway series. In the first book, Mine Till Midnight, he wasn’t at all likeable and I couldn’t imagine how Lisa Kleypas would turn him into a hero. But over the course of the series, I’ve watched him grow, to come to terms with the loss of the woman he loved and rejoin the world of the living. By the time Married by Morning starts, Leo is the perfect hero. His love for his family is absolute, his wicked humor fantastically entertaining, and his growing feelings for Catherine the stuff dreams are made of. And believe me, no one needs Leo’s kind of all-encompassing love more than Cat. I won’t spoil the book, but Cat’s past broke my heart over and over and it has not only left it’s mark on her past, it continues to haunt her present. Leo and Cat both deserve happiness and watching them find it – together – made Married by Morning one compelling read.

Married by Morning is the fourth book in the Hathaway series, but it can be read as a standalone. Fans of Ms. Kleypas will delight in revisiting the eccentric Hathaway family and their spouses. Ms. Kleypas pulls you in with the Hathaways, making you feel like you’re a part of their close-knit family, and that is one of the many reasons every book in the Hathaway series is so memorable.

Ms. Kleypas’s writing is in top form in Married by Morning. It’s sensual, tender, funny, and engaging. What more can you ask for from the master of historical romance?