WitandSin

Wit and Sin

Down for the Count (Dare Me Series, #1)
Christine Bell
Ice Cream on the Side - Wren Boudreau Originally posted on Joyfully Reviewed: http://www.joyfullyreviewed.com/reviews/Feb10/icecreamontheside.wb.html

Dylan Forest loves his life as a successful architect in the small artsy town of Raven Pass. Ever since his college boyfriend cheated on him, Dylan has forgone relationships in favor of “ice cream guys” – men that are a brief, delicious treat with no leftovers. All that changes when Dylan’s meeting with the renovation committee for the Roswell Burns Academy throws him into the path of the school’s new art instructor, Michael Gilmore.

Michael isn’t ready to jump into a relationship, but he can’t resist the pull he feels towards Dylan. But their burgeoning relationship might never get off the ground when the body of one of Dylan’s exes is discovered and another one of his past boyfriends is murdered. Will Michael be next?

Sensual romance as sweet as ice cream mixes with the dark and deadly taste of murder to create the engaging treat that is Ice Cream on the Side. Wren Boudreau has created two incredibly sexy heroes that you can’t help but fall for. Both Dylan and Michael have been burned by past relationships, but they both work towards moving past old wounds. While the heroes and romance are at the heart of Ice Cream on the Side, the mystery that adds an element of danger to the story is no less compelling. I admit, Ms. Boudreau kept me guessing as to the murderer’s identity, which I give her high marks for. This is the first story I’ve read by Ms. Boudreau and I can definitely say she has left me hungry for more!