WitandSin

Wit and Sin

Devil In My Bed - Celeste Bradley Originally posted on Joyfully Reviewed: http://www.joyfullyreviewed.com/new-reviews/devil-in-my-bed-by-celeste-bradley

It’s an ordinary day for Aidan de Quincy, fifth Earl of Blankenship when he steps out of Brown’s Club for Distinguished Gentlemen. At least, it’s an ordinary day until he spots a three-year-old girl sitting on the club’s steps. The child, Melody, has been abandoned by her nanny, left only with a note saying that one of Brown’s members is Melody’s father. Suspecting that Melody might be his daughter, Aidan sets off to confront the one woman he thought he’d never see again – Madeleine Chandler.

Over three years ago, circumstances forced Madeleine to break Aidan de Quincy’s heart…as well as her own. Now Madeleine is once again in dire straits, her past coming back to haunt her. When Aidan shows up, Madeleine grasps at the safety net he unwittingly provides by claiming to be Melody’s mother. But even as Aidan, Madeleine, and Melody begin to become a family, Madeleine knows it’s only a matter of time before her lies come to light, shattering her newfound relationship with Aidan.

Lust, lies, and a doll made out of a cravat bring life to the first installment of Celeste Bradley’s intriguing Runaway Brides series. Devil in My Bed is a delectable story filled with characters that are sure to capture your heart. From Aidan and Madeleine to the too-cute-for-words Melody to the men who make up the members and staff of Brown’s, each and every character comes to life right on the page. Between Madeleine and Aidan’s romance, Melody’s antics, and the hint of danger that lurked just around the corner, I was up reading late into the night, unable to put Devil in My Bed down until I had finished the book.

I love the premise of The Runaway Brides series. It isn’t just that there’s, three lords, one adorable child, and three women from their past to track down to solve the mystery of Melody’s parentage. That’s an interesting start, but what captured me was that Aidan and Colin (the hero of the trilogy’s second book) genuinely care for Melody; she’s not just a responsibility for them to shoulder. Devil in My Bed is an endearing mixture of humor and heart and as soon as I finished the story, I wanted to leap right into the next Runaway Brides book, Rogue in My Arms.