WitandSin

Wit and Sin

Bull Rider - Jade Buchanan Originally posted on Joyfully Reviewed: http://www.joyfullyreviewed.com/reviews/Feb10/bullrider.jb.html

DJ Wesley Scott is fresh off the plane from England to take a position at a British Forces Broadcasting Service radio station in Canada. His co-workers have planned a Welcome to Canada party which is the only reason Wes has dragged himself out to the cowboy bar. In between watching people fall of the mechanical bull in the bar, Wes finds himself continually glancing at a massive, tattooed cowboy standing nearby it. The striking man in question is Isaac “Bull” Fintan, a rancher and former bull rider. Bull is everything Wes lusts after and when Bull gives Wes an invitation for a totally different kind of “bull ride,” the offer is simply too good for Wes to refuse.

Lust at first sight can sometimes lead to something a whole lot more special as Jade Buchanan shows in this spicy tale. Bull Rider is a fast and fun story with two likeable heroes who turn up the heat with their erotic interludes. Bull is strong and quietly dominant, but there’s a surprisingly sweet quality to him you wouldn’t expect at first. Wes, in turn, is the sexy, bookish type. I adored him and because of this I was eager to see him make his first encounter with Bull become a more permanent, happily ever after-type situation.

I enjoyed Bull Rider as an audio book, a rather novel experience for me. The only thing I’d wish for are separate tracks for each chapter so I didn’t have to hunt for my place in the story when I stopped and started. Still, Ms. Buchanan’s story translated well to audio format, so readers can take pleasure in Wes and Bull’s romance in a variety of ways.