WitandSin

Wit and Sin

Rough Cut - Mari Carr Originally posted on Joyfully Reviewed: http://www.joyfullyreviewed.com/reviews/Feb10/roughcut.mc.html

Actor Ty Ransome is tired of being just another hunky action hero. He’s ready for a serious project and he has the perfect one in mind. Ty wants to bring a collection of short stories he found moving to the silver screen, and he wants to co-write the script with the book’s author, Gwen Preston. And when he meets Gwen, Ty immediately knows he wants to do much more than write with her.

Author and self-proclaimed introvert Gwen Preston isn’t sure that turning her intimate, sexual stories into a movie would be such a great idea. She’s even less sure about working with Look magazine’s Hottest Man Alive. Ty is dominant, demanding, and determined to get Gwen into bed.

Close quarters lead to Gwen giving into her attraction to Ty. But as they delve deeper into the world of her book and their own dark desires, Gwen has a choice to make. Can she open herself up to Ty and reveal what she truly needs to be fulfilled? Or will their relationship last only long enough for them to finish the screenplay?

It’s a hot time in Hollywood with Rough Cut. Mari Carr takes readers on an explosively sexual journey with two protagonists who work hard and play harder. Nearly every page of Rough Cut scintillates, but I did find the transitions to be a bit abrupt at times, which jarred me out of the story a bit. I enjoyed Rough Cut but felt that the romance was overwhelmed by the sex. While there is no doubt Ty and Gwen are one hundred percent compatible sexually, the undercurrent of the love story didn’t come through as strongly as I had hoped. Still, I truly did like Rough Cut and its two protagonists and found myself engrossed in the story, rooting for Gwen and Ty to find their picture-perfect happily ever after.