WitandSin

Wit and Sin

Down for the Count (Dare Me Series, #1)
Christine Bell
Blue Moon - Mackenzie McKade Originally posted on Joyfully Reviewed: http://www.joyfullyreviewed.com/new-reviews/blue-moon-by-mackenzie-mckade

Two years ago, Samantha’s life was perfect. At least it was until right before her older sister’s wedding when she caught the bride in bed with Sam’s fiancé, Kyle. Devastated, Sam fled, refusing to talk to Kyle. Now she’s back home for her younger sister’s wedding and Kyle is the best man. Kyle insists that he can’t remember the night that ruined their lives so long ago and he seems determined to win Sam back. But how can Sam trust the man who once broke her heart?

Weddings are anxiety-inducing enough when the best man and maid of honor don’t have a history, so my favorite characters in Blue Moon just might be the bride and groom. That being said, Mackenzie McKade swept me into the erotic, emotional whirlwind that is Kyle and Sam’s reunion. Both Kyle and Sam are clearly great people, the kind of characters you’d want as friends if they were real. It’s equally apparent that some darker force other than alcohol was at work when they broke up because Kyle’s completely head over heels for Sam. I won’t spoil Blue Moon by revealing what happened, but suffice it to say that I was rooting for Kyle to get that second chance from Sam. Old wounds aren’t easy to recover from and some misunderstandings can be hard to untangle, but Ms. McKade makes the journey worth it. Blue Moon is a satisfying, deliciously sexy reunion romance.