WitandSin

Wit and Sin

Down for the Count (Dare Me Series, #1)
Christine Bell

Pirates Do It With Passion

Pirates Do It With Passion - Mimi Riser My review cross-posted from Joyfully Reviewed: http://www.joyfullyreviewed.com/reviews/Nov09/piratesdoitwithpassion.mr.html

In 1785, Captain Nathaniel Hawkins and his first mate Richard drowned at sea and, wracked with guilt, Richard’s wife Amalie hung herself. Having lost their chance at love, two of the three were reincarnated. Richard and Amalie, now Rico and Annie, have found each other once again. Happily married, the two know there’s something missing in their life. What they don’t know is that that something is Nate.

Unlike his two loves, Nate wasn’t reincarnated. His ghost haunted the Jolly Roger Inn, until the power of two lovers, namely Rico and Annie, brought him back to life. Happy to be corporeal once more, Nate hesitates to reveal himself. He wonders if he has the right to intrude on their new lives. And if he does, does that mean Rico and Annie will love him like they did in another life?

There is a famous movie quote which fits Pirates Do It with Passion to a T: “Death cannot stop true love. All it can do is delay it for a while.” Mimi Riser has written a deliciously naughty romp all about love and second chances. It was wonderful to watch Nate, Rico, and Annie all learn from their past mistakes. To say how that happens would be to spoil the book, so I must leave it at that. I can say that I adored all three protagonists, which made me unable to put Pirates Do It with Passion down. It doesn’t hurt that Ms. Riser includes some meltingly erotic love scenes in the story, either.

Pirates Do It with Passion is the sequel to Playing Pirates. While Ms. Riser provides all the information necessary to follow along even if you haven’t read Playing Pirates, I can definitely say the first book is worth the read as it is as fun and sexy as Pirates Do It with Passion. Fast-paced and hot as hell, I greatly enjoyed Pirates Do It with Passion.