WitandSin

Wit and Sin

Down for the Count (Dare Me Series, #1)
Christine Bell
Velvet Memories - Violet Summers My review cross-posted here courtesy of Joyfully Reviewed: http://www.joyfullyreviewed.com/new-reviews/velvet-memories-by-violet-summers

In high school, Rob broke Michael’s heart when he fled after an erotic encounter between the two of them. Ten years later, Rob has both figured out and come to terms with his sexuality; he’s gay and he’s a Dom. At twenty-seven, Rob has everything he could ever want…except Michael. When he attends a wax play workshop at the exclusive club Velvet Ice, Rob finds himself face-to-face with Michael. Michael works at the club as a submissive, but he has no interest in submitting to Rob. Or so he claims. It’s going to take every play in this Dom’s handbook to convince Michael he is the perfect submissive for Rob.

Some wounds need more than just time to heal, and that’s the case for Rob and Michael in Velvet Memories. Rob made a mistake back in high school, one that lost him Michael’s friendship and trust. While he did screw up, it’s completely understandable why he did so; just as it’s logical that Michael’s still afraid to trust him ten years later. There’s a lot of pain of the non-pleasurable variety in Velvet Memories, but Violet Summers had me cheering for Rob to break down Michael’s barriers. And break them down he does – in the sexiest of ways. Wax play adds an erotic edge to Velvet Memories, spicing up the D/s scenes and adding to Michael and Rob’s romance. If there’s one thing I’d wish for, it would be for Velvet Memories to be a bit longer. Because there is ten years of trust issues at play for most of the story, it would have been nice to see these two as a couple once they actually agreed to go for a relationship.

Velvet Memories is the fourth Club Velvet Ice story, but like its predecessors (Sinful Treats, Velvet Valentines, and Velvet Submission) Velvet Memories can easily be read as a standalone. Fans of Violet Summers’ Velvet Ice world will delight in seeing characters from the previous stories appear in Michael and Rob’s story, though. All in all, Velvet Memories was a sexy, satisfying read.