WitandSin

Wit and Sin

Down for the Count (Dare Me Series, #1)
Christine Bell
Alien Sex 101 - Allie Ritch My review cross-posted here courtesy of Joyfully Reviewed: http://www.joyfullyreviewed.com/new-reviews/alien-sex-101-by-allie-ritch

Trilanta is a popular space hub, where many different alien races live. New Earthling Quinn can’t contain his joy when he marries Xindra. But Quinn gets an awful surprise on his wedding night when he discovers that sex for the first time with an Allurian is painful. It’s not long before he and Xindra are able to work things out in the bedroom, but their tumultuous sexual start leads them to the realization that other interracial couples might face similar problems. This leads them to start an alien sex ed class, complete with some very sexy, very up-close and personal studies of alien anatomy. Not only does the class turn out to be very educational, it seems that the class might lead Xindra’s friend to find love with one of the students. What could be better?

Alien Sex 101 is an interesting, erotic, quirky story that was a delight to read. I definitely felt like I was in an alien sex education class at times, and it was fun learning about all the fictional alien anatomy author Allie Ritch imagined up.

Alien Sex 101 is divided up into two separate romances. The first is Xindra and Quinn, a couple who are undeniably in love from the very start. Though their wedding night is awkward, these two don’t hesitate to heat up the sheets (among other places) after making it through their first time together. I liked these two, so it was easy to become invested in their story. The second romance is between Xindra’s friend Mera and a sex ed student named Trett. There’s a sweetness to their romance that would be at odds to the eroticism of their lovemaking were it not for how Ms. Ritch deftly handled both elements to their story. Both romances are satisfying and there are enough interesting secondary characters in Alien Sex 101 that I was really excited to learn that Ms. Ritch is writing a sequel, Alien Sex 102.