WitandSin

Wit and Sin

Down for the Count (Dare Me Series, #1)
Christine Bell
When a Scot Loves a Lady - Katharine Ashe 4.5 stars - My review originally posted on Joyfully Reviewed: http://www.joyfullyreviewed.com/new-reviews/when-a-scot-loves-a-lady-by-katharine-ashe

After losing her innocence – in more ways than one – Lady Katherine Savage has given up any real hope of finding love. Then a snowstorm lands Kitty in a country inn, trapped for the holidays. Among those snowed in with her is Lord Leam Blackwood, a roguish Scotsman who tempts her, though for the life of her Kitty cannot understand why. What she does know is that Leam is more than he seems, and with no end to the snow in sight, she’s determined to ferret out his secrets. But will her quest cost Kitty her heart?

When a Scot Loves a Lady has danger, intrigue, and passion to spare! Katharine Ashe’s first Falcon Club book is an engaging story fans of historical romance are sure to adore. Kitty is a character I’d love to have for a friend, were she real. She’s smart, fun, and a great friend. There’s a series of events in her past that have hurt her and the vulnerability in Kitty made me want to see her find happiness. Leam, in turn, is a former agent that’s ready to quit and go home to Scotland. He’s tired of playing a role all the time and it’s easy to see why when he’s very unlike the persona he presents. I loved seeing the true Leam and watching him fall for Kitty (and her for him) made When a Scot Loves a Lady an enchanting read. A dash of danger and a healthy dose of intrigue add spice to When a Scot Loves a Lady, making it a well-rounded book.

When a Scot Loves a Lady is the first book in Ms. Ashe’s Falcon Club series, but fans of Ms. Ashe will recognize Kitty from a previous book, Captured by a Rogue Lord. There’s definitely some crossover between the Falcon Club series and Ms. Ashe’s last series, the Rogues of the Sea, but so far all of Ms. Ashe’s books can be read as standalones.

In my opinion, Ms. Ashe’s books have been getting better and better. I absolutely adored When a Scot Loves a Lady and I cannot wait for Ms. Ashe’s next Falcon Club book!