WitandSin

Wit and Sin

Psychic Moon - M.D. Grimm Blue Ribbon Rating: 3 out of 5
Original Review Link

Derek Williams hates most humans. Given that he’s a wolf shifter working as a humane officer, his distaste doesn’t come as a surprise. There is, however, one human who is constantly at the center of Derek’s thoughts; Brian O’Donogue. Derek’s been lusting after the sexy veterinarian for two years, not knowing that the desire is mutual. But not long after Derek finally makes his move, a rogue wolf shifter attacks Brian. Is there hope for a wolf shifter who wants a human mate? Derek and Brian may not have a chance to find out if the rogue shifter has his way.

PSYCHIC MOON will both break your heart and make you smile. The romance between Derek and Brian is lighthearted and pleasing, giving PSYCHIC MOON buoyancy. Added in were the realistic descriptions of the conditions that humane officers often find animals in. Author M.D. Grimm managed to devastate me – though she never went overboard or entered Public Service Announcement territory – but this aspect of the book added depth and a sense of realism to PSYCHIC MOON. The combination of realism and the fantastic, sadness and hope, danger and joy made PSYCHIC MOON feel like a full story. The world Ms. Grimm created in PSYCHIC MOON was so interesting that I hope she pens more stories in the same setting. I greatly enjoyed PSYCHIC MOON, and I look forward to reading more of Ms. Grimm’s work.

Note: My review was written for Romance Junkies and is cross-posted here courtesy of Romance Junkies.